Jeera Chaul with a chicken and turnip curry. For the curry:
- Heat oil and add 1tsp mustard seeds, 1tsp cumin. When sizzling, add 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds, 3cm cinnamon and 4 cloves. Stir briefly.
- Add one finely chopped onion. When it starts to brown, add 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic. Fry until lightly golden.
- Add 3 chopped tomatoes, 3cm rasped ginger, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 chopped fresh green chilli.
- Dice 1 large turnip (mine was about the size of a 3 month old baby’s head) and 600 g thicken thigh meat while you’re waiting for the masala to form.
- Add meat to the masala, stir to coat well. Then add the turnip cubes and stir again. Note: you’ll need a pretty big pan.
- Add a splash of water, bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat low and cook for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander on top and serve. Enjoy!